This is a toolkit to better know yourself and prepare your mental – emotional field to increase creative insights.
Do you feel bored at work, demotivated, have lost your flow and are seeking for new insights? Learn how mind-body techniques, ritual, mystical and meditative practices can help you find your center and grow extrasensory perception to create from a unique place of presence and insight.
Times are changing fast. Our collective consciousness is growing exponentially. Instant information at our fingertips overloads our senses. Bombarded by news and media, we have become immune to our global challenges. Yet, borders are becoming obsolete as we can talk to anyone, anywhere, and everywhere and share our ideas and creations instantaneously. We are emerging as an interconnected global community, to hopefully, face the challenges of our planet together.
Yet, real change starts from within. You need to figure out a way to be yourself, before you share yourself.
“Shamanism invites us to take a look inside. You can’t take appropriate action unless you learn to be in your body and become who you truly are, and not continue with the inertia of behaving like you were told you’re supposed to.”
To be an active creator of culture means you have the courage to express your unique voice, the empathy to repair what is broken around you and the instinct to wake up from the illusion that someone else will come and save you.
It starts by learning to listen to inner silence and perceive the invisible flow of energy, a willingness to step into the unknown and dance with the irrational.
There are simple exercises that can help us cultivate an inner sense of knowing to bring forth our authentic voices. This work comes from a place of cultivated stillness, a space needed for us to truly listen to our heart’s vision, that voice that is in tune with the universal life force that animates us.
De-clutter your workplace / room
Building an altar is the first practice to have energetic hygiene in your life. The altar becomes a physical reminder of your intention to live wisely and inwardly.
- Clean a visible space in your home / work and invoke the highest intentions for your present moment. Adorn the table or corner with elements that bring beauty and life to your eyes. Lit up a candle or incense, pick up a flower from your walk home, and place an object with personal meaning in the center.
- Find the sacredness in the mundane. What matters is your act of devotion, your surrender to a greater force that will drive you and inspire you while you commence your work.
- Find stillness
All of us have spent more long mornings of consecutive social media gulping. Have you noticed how your hand cramps and your neck hurts when you are not aware of your posture or your gestures?
Calm down and release the digital addiction by placing the phone or tablet away for at least 10 minutes. A good way to focus back your attention into the center is to practice the ancient art of hand gestures: Mudras.
- Breath Ride the wave of your breath by focusing on the inhalation and the exhalation for 10 entire cycles. Visualize air come in through nostrils, expanding your lungs, calming the mind, relaxing the weight of the body towards the earth.
- Hands Focus your attention towards your hands. Rub the palms with each other until you generate heat and can feel a certain magnetic force in between the fingertips that are barely touching each other.
- Mudra Position your fingers like in the photograph and hold for as much as you feel it has an effect on your body-mind. Try starting with 5 breaths, until you reach 5 minutes. The point is to try and listen for the subtle centering effect. Small habits like these can bring inner peace, higher self-awareness and increased focus and creativity.
Make a ritual
Our urban city lives have disconnected us from Nature cycles. We live our days through our calendar reminders instead of in tune with the seasonal rhythms.
Liberate yourself from the drama of your daily life and find elevated perspective by learning about archetypal wisdom from the astral movements and the seasonal energies.
Navigating the astrology literature found online can be overwhelming, but luckily there are amazing pattern synthesizers that give us incredible insights through their blogs. Follow Mystic Mamma and Rachael L. Webb closely. They are amazing portals into this kind of wisdom.
Sometimes we need a little help, a shift in perspective. A great way to receive guidance is by playing with tarot / healing cards.
You can throw a card to get a fresh insight about a specific situation you are going through or just as inspiration to start your day with higher intention.
I absolutely adore the Healing Cards designed by my dearest co-creator Erica Jago & Elena Brower | The Art of Attention
“The everyday sacred act of drawing a card grants you access to your own heart’s voice, so your words and your actions are born from your deepest intentions.
The act of asking for guidance polishes your words, thoughts and feelings to a refined resonance.
For any desire to be realized, there must be a vibrational compatibility between your body, your mind and your heart. The atmospheric beauty of these cards is an invitation to pause and experience elegance before you speak or act. Use them to gain clarity of vision and access a calmness of being. “ from Art of Attention Healing Cards
Hope these practices bring you closer to your being and empower you to take the right actions in alignment with your heart.
Keep in tune for more inner wisdom for the creative life.
Written by Mari Sierra